Terms and Conditions
This document sets out the Terms and Conditions ("Terms") on which JobKred Private Limited, Company number 201433843C, provides users with access to certain services through the Nanyang Technological University website ("Website").
Please read these Terms very carefully before using the website and the Nanyang Technological University services. You acknowledge and agree that by registering a user account on Nanyang Technological University or clicking on "I accept", you agree by these Terms as a user (“User”). You warrant and represent that you have full capacity and authority to enter into this agreement.
If you do not accept these Terms, you will not be able to use the website and the services.
The website & the services
- The Website is owned and managed by JobKred Private Limited (Company number 201433843C).
- Nanyang Technological University shall provide the User with the services as described on the Website, which allow the User to browse, screen, track and collaboratively manage the connection process ("Services") with a mentor or mentee. The Services typically include the following key features:
- access to view the "Profile" of a mentor/mentee, which means the information submitted by a user through the Service which may include a summary of the user’s academic background, work experience, technical or product skills and employment history;
- any other features and functionalities provided by Nanyang Technological University to the User from time to time.
- For the avoidance of doubt, Nanyang Technological University’s obligations shall be limited only to the provision of the Services and do not in any way include acting on the User’s behalf. Nothing in these Terms is intended to, or shall be deemed to, establish any partnership or joint venture between the User and Nanyang Technological University, appoint either party as the agent of the other, nor authorise either party to make or enter into any commitments for or on behalf of the other party.
- Nanyang Technological University may from time to time add, modify, suspend or cease (temporarily or permanently) the provision of any element of the Services with or without notice to the User.
- Nanyang Technological University shall have no obligation to notify the User in the event of an unplanned service downtime. In the event of a planned service downtime in respect of the Services or the Website, Nanyang Technological University shall use its reasonable endeavours to notify the User in advance provided that Nanyang Technological University is able to do so.
Registration & users
- In order to use the Services, the user shall first be required to register with Nanyang Technological University by completing the online registration form on the Website.
- The User’s contract to use the Services on these Terms ("Contract") commences on the date of this account registration.
- Nanyang Technological University reserves the right to conduct verification and security procedures in respect of all information provided by the User to Nanyang Technological University. If Nanyang Technological University has reason to believe that the information provided by the User to register and use any of the Services breaches or is likely to breach any of the provision in these Terms, Nanyang Technological University at its sole discretion may take any action that it deems appropriate including without limitation, to terminate the User’s Contract.
- These Terms shall apply to any and all Users who access and use the Website and the User Services through the User’s account. The User acknowledges and agrees:
- that all Users must use a legitimate and appropriate email address when creating their profile;
- That the User is directly liable to Nanyang Technological University at all times for his/her acts and/or or omissions.
- The User shall ensure his/her personal username(s) and password(s) ("Logins") are safe and secure to ensure that they are not used without proper authorization. The User must immediately notify Nanyang Technological University if he/she has reason to believe that there has been unauthorised use or access to the User’s Logins and/or the User’s profile on the Website. The User shall be solely responsible and liable for any breaches of these Terms arising out of or resulting from use of the User’s Logins to access the Services and/or the Website, whether such use is authorised by the User or not.
- The User shall at all times use the Services and the Website in accordance with these Terms.
- The User shall ensure that its use of the Services and/or the Website, including the submission of any information, data, images, videos, audio, files, links to external websites, communication between users (mentor and mentee), and all other material of any format ("Submissions"):
- comply with all applicable laws and legislations;
- do not infringe any intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights of any third party;
- not reasonably be deemed to:
- be offensive, illegal, inappropriate or in any way;
- promote racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harass or advocate harassment of another person;
- display pornographic or sexually explicit material;
- promote any conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libellous;
- promote any illegal activities;
- provide instructional information about illegal activities, including violating someone else’s privacy or providing or
- create computer viruses;
- promote or contain information that you know or believe to be inaccurate, false or misleading;
- engage in the promotion of contests, sweepstakes and pyramid schemes, without our prior written consent;
- exploit people in a sexual or violent manner;
- invade or violate any third party’s right to privacy; and
- transmit "junk mail", or "chain letters", or unsolicited mass mailing, messaging or "spamming";
- Unless otherwise explicitly stated by Nanyang Technological University, Nanyang Technological University does not vet, verify the accuracy, correctness and completeness, edit or modify any Submissions or any other information, data and materials created, used and/or published by the User on the Website to determine whether they may result in any liability to any third party. The User hereby warrants that the User has the right to use all such information and material.
- Nanyang Technological University reserves the right to refuse to publish any Submissions, or to at any time remove or edit a Submission (in whole or in part), if Nanyang Technological University has reason to believe that the User’s use of the Services and/or the Website breaches these Terms and/or otherwise.
- The User shall not:
- at any time use the Services and/or the Website with the purpose of impersonating another User or person; and
- use the information made available to the User through its use of the Services and/or the Website for any purpose other than for the purposes of procuring benefit out of the Services and/or the Website; and/or
- do anything whatsoever which shall or is likely to impair, interfere with, damage, or cause harm or distress to any persons using the Services and/or the Website or in respect of the network.
- Nanyang Technological University takes breaches of the above very seriously and therefore reserve the right to take any action that Nanyang Technological University deems necessary. This can include, without limitation, suspension or termination of the User’s use of the Services and/or access to the Website. In certain circumstances Nanyang Technological University may choose to commence legal proceedings as appropriate if there is illegal use of the Services and/or the Website, or disclose information to any third party who is claiming that any material posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights or of their right to privacy. The User shall promptly notify Nanyang Technological University if it is aware of any or any suspected breaches in this regard.
User interaction with other users (Mentor, mentee relationship)
- The User warrants and represents that the information provided shall be correct, complete, accurate and up to date. In the event the information is incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate or out of date, then the User must immediately take all necessary steps to rectify such information.
- The User shall at all times use the Services and the Website in accordance with the applicable law and legislation and in particular, all applicable data protection, employment and anti-discrimination legislation.
- The User acknowledges that Nanyang Technological University does not have any control of and therefore cannot reasonably accept any liability in respect of the behaviour, response or actions of the Users.
- The User shall at all times keep all information including without limitation, the Users’ Profiles, communication and correspondences between the User, Nanyang Technological University and the Users, and all information relating to the Users secure and confidential.
- The Services shall be personal to the User and the User has no right whatsoever to resell and/or assign the Services to any third party for any reason without the prior express written approval of Nanyang Technological University.
- The User acknowledges and agrees that it is the User’s responsibility to ensure it enters into all necessary contractual arrangements with Users (whether for temporary, casual, contract or permanent employment). In the event there is a dispute between the mentor and mentee - the User agrees that Nanyang Technological University shall not be liable for any loss and/or damage suffered by the User resulting from any such Dispute and the User hereby releases and holds harmless Nanyang Technological University from any such loss and/or damage or any liability in relation to any Dispute.
- The User hereby indemnifies Nanyang Technological University against all losses, liabilities, costs and expenses (including but not limited to legal costs) suffered or incurred by Nanyang Technological University which arise directly or indirectly from any Dispute, or any breach by the User.
- The User may terminate their account at any time by informing Nanyang Technological University on the Website.
- Nanyang Technological University shall be entitled to suspend and/or terminate the User’s access and use of the Website and/or the Services:
- if Nanyang Technological University’s network providers and suppliers cease providing Nanyang Technological University with their services;
- if Nanyang Technological University has reason to believe that the User has breached any of the provisions of these Terms; and/or
- if Nanyang Technological University, in its sole discretion, deems it to be necessary.
- Upon termination of the User’s account in accordance with this clause, the User may no longer access or use the Services and the Website.
- The User hereby warrants that (a) the User has the right and capacity to enter into and be bound by these Terms; and (b) the User shall comply with all applicable laws, rules and regulations regarding the User’s use of the Services and the Website; and (c) and the User agrees to abide by the rules and reasonable directions of Nanyang Technological University relating to the Website as may be provided by Nanyang Technological University from time-to-time.
- Nanyang Technological University relies on other service providers (such as network provider, data centres, telecommunication providers) to make the Services and the Website available to the User. Whilst Nanyang Technological University takes all reasonable steps available to it to provide the User with a good level of service, Nanyang Technological University does not guarantee that such service shall be fault free or uninterrupted at all times. Nanyang Technological University therefore shall not be liable in any way for any losses the User may suffer as a result of delays or failures of the Services and Website as a result of Nanyang Technological University’s such delays or failures caused by its service providers.
- Except as expressly set out herein, to the maximum extent permitted by law, Nanyang Technological University expressly excludes all representations, warranties, obligations and liabilities in connection with the Services and the Website, including but not limited to the warranties of merchantability, non-infringement of intellectual property, accuracy, completeness, fitness for a particular purpose, and any warranties arising by statute or otherwise in law or from course of dealing, course of performance, or use of trade are hereby excluded and disclaimed.
Limitation of liability
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Nanyang Technological University expressly excludes:
- all conditions, warranties and other terms whether expressed or which might otherwise be implied by statute or common law;
- any liability for indirect or consequential loss which are losses incurred as a side effect of the main loss or damage;
- loss of profit;
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business or contracts;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill and reputation;
- loss of expectation;
- loss of opportunity; and/or
- loss arising out of or in connection with wasted management or office time;
- Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, Nanyang Technological University shall not be liable to the User and/or any other party in relation to the Website, the Services and/or any related activities.
Intellectual property rights
- Nanyang Technological University and its licensors own all rights in the intellectual property rights relating to the Services and the Website, including but not limited to all software forming part of the Website ("Software"). Nothing in this Agreement will serve to transfer from Nanyang Technological University to the User any of the Software or Website, and all right, title and interest in and to the Software and the Website will remain exclusively with Nanyang Technological University and/or Nanyang Technological University’s licensors. All rights in and to the Software and the Website not expressly granted to the User are reserved by Nanyang Technological University and the relevant third party licensors.
- The User may print off one copy and may download extracts of any pages from the Website solely for use by the User; and the User may draw the attention of other Users to Submissions or materials posted on the Website. The User must not use any part of the submissions of other users and all materials on the Website for any purpose other than accessing the Website for the purpose of mentoring.
- The User shall not: (i) modify, translate, create or attempt to create derivative copies of or copy the Software or the Website in whole or in part; (ii) reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or otherwise reduce the object code of the Software or the Website to source code form; (iii) distribute, sub-licence, assign, share, timeshare, sell, rent, lease, transmit, grant a security interest in or otherwise transfer the Software or the Website or the User’s right to use the Software or the Website.
- The User hereby authorised Nanyang Technological University, a perpetual, sub-licensable, worldwide, royalty-free licence to publish and make available on the Website the User Information provided by the User to Nanyang Technological University in respect of the Services, for the purpose of providing the Services to the User.
- The User hereby indemnifies Nanyang Technological University against all losses, liabilities, costs and expenses (including but not limited to legal costs) arising from or incurred by reason of any infringement of any intellectual property right by the use or possession of all other information and material provided by the User to Nanyang Technological University.